USB Power Cable
Power the WiFi Pineapple via USB. This 60cm (23.6 inch) USB cable is terminated with a DC barrel adapter. Perfect for battery packs or even powering from most laptop USB ports.
- DC Barrel 2.1mm ID / 5.5mm OD, Center Positive
- 60 cm / 23.6 in cable length
- USB Male A connector
WiFi Pineapple Usage Notes:
- The Barrel connector plugs into the WiFi Pineapple while the USB connector plugs into the power source.
- The USB Power Source must be capable of supplying ~2 Amps as the WiFi Pineapple requires ~10 Watts (5v * 2a = 10w).
- Many notebook computers such as netbooks are unable to supply the required current.
- While providing 1 Amp may be sufficient to boot the WiFi Pineapple, it may be unstable and can lead to hardware failure.
- Only use verified 2 Amp power supplies such as USB wall chargers, battery packs (typically labeled "iPad" for 2 Amp outlets) and some USB Hubs.
- Never attempt to "back-feed" power to the WiFi Pineapple from the USB Port. Use only the DC Barrel port.