WiFi Pineappling Book
The HAK5 Guide To The Top WiFi Hacking Toolkit
Since 2008 the WiFi Pineapple has made a name for itself as the go-to tool for WiFi auditing, partly due to its ease of use and partly due to its immense versatility as a hack-anything, hack-anywhere platform. Over the past several years the tool has matured considerably, both in features, usability and purpose-built hardware design. While the intuitive web-based user interface simplifies even the most advanced attacks, there are a number of nuances which may be ambiguous to newcomers. This book aims to provide operational clarity while highlighting wireless auditing best practices with the WiFi Pineapple.
Download the first three chapters free
Download the 37 page free preview (547 KB PDF).
From this book you will learn
- The basic theory of WiFi operation
- Best practices and WiFi auditing workflows
- The ins-and-outs of the PineAP Suite
- All about the WiFi Pineapple hardware
- How to setup a fresh WiFi Pineapple and get it online
- Getting familiarized with the web interface and modules
- Performing recon, setting filters, and executing your first attacks
- Understanding the logs, generating reports and performing analysis
- Tracking clients, shell access, upgrading firmware and troubleshooting
Who should read this book
You should read this book if you are a penetration tester, systems administrator, software engineer or other IT professional looking to gain knowledge about the WiFi Pineapple and how to use it to audit WiFi infrastructure and the applications that transit these networks. A moderate technical expertise is appreciated, such as general familiarity with the Linux terminal.
About the Author
Darren Kitchen is the founder of Hak5, the award winning Internet television show inspiring hackers and enthusiasts since 2005. Breaking out of the '90s phone phreak scene, he has continued contributing to the hacker community as a speaker, instructor, author and developer of leading penetration testing tools.
Paperback: 112 pages
Publisher: Hak5; 1st edition (July, 2016)
Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.4 x 8.4 inches
Shipping Weight: 0.8 pounds